I inhabit this place. She rotates quietly on her axis. I don't feel her spinning. But I can feel tomorrow cold as a fish she called herself when I met her. Brother said it would suck to be one; You have a funny heart.
-Oh?
-Two chambers.
-In, out?
-Inner, outer.
-How many times? There's the thing, and the thing you say about the thing. They get in one another's way. It's harder than the two-step.
-Baby, it's not like playing at pool. Words kiss worlds and all you're left with is 8's crying, NOT YET, NOT YET!
Fish flesh cooks up white and light like snow. The skin you keep to keep it together. Metal grey and bright as sun in oil.
-Oil in sun?
-I'd touch you but you'd disappear.
To review:
1.
2. Two chambered heart; variations on a theme.
A. Every action is an action and an equal and opposite reaction.
B. Kiss me.
or C. Let's us kiss. Or catch a catfish kissing at "the surface of the air". Because it's never true when you get up close. There's the third place that's not air and not water and if you make yourself small enough and clear enough you can float there's company. Scum and feathers.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment