Thursday, January 8, 2009

Installing (really, just locating) a MySQL Server on my Computer

Q: Do I have a MySQL server on my computer?
A: Finder>System Preferences>MySQL: yes.

Q: How do I log into said server?
A: From terminal

I login as a super user [su], then type [mysql -p] and get a password prompt.
Q: Do I need to know about various MySQL permissions granting proceedures?
A: I'm not sure, but I did grant hweol certain privileges thusly:
Q: Can I connect to this MySQL server from PHP?
A: I got a host of errors, many of which I didn't record. But it turned out, I needed to create a php.ini file. I did this by copying a php.ini.default file from /etc/, and renaming in php.ini. Then I had to change my default socket setting. I forget how I found my default socket setting. Skom would know. I also had to restart Apache.

Q: Does Blogger enable CSS formatting?
A: Yes. Under the Layout tab.

Q: How do I make my posts a fixed with?
A: layout>html
.post {
max-width: 500px;
min-width: 500px;
/*padding-$startSide:5%;*/
/*padding-$endSide:70%;*/
}

No comments: